Since the age of 5, I knew I wanted to make a big impact on stages around the world as a performer, but while fulfilling that dream there were other parts of me that I always dimmed.
For years, even though I performed on some of the biggest stages, I hid in plain sight fearful of fully claiming my brilliance and stepping into my spotlight in ALL areas of my life and business...
Dressed up like a reporter with my pretend microphone in hand!
In the middle, age 10 in Germany with high aspirations.
During my professional years
There I was...sitting in the audience in a dark theater with tears streaming down my cheeks. Again, I had taken myself out of the game, believing I didn't compare to the other speakers on stage, so I didn't speak up and claim my "seat at the table."
As a result, I sat in the audience the rest of the evening full of regret and with a broken heart, knowing I should be up on stage with the rest of the panel of speakers.
I self-sabotaged. Self-betrayed.
I was sitting in the wrong chair. Again.
You see, just two weeks prior, I signed up to volunteer at this large women's empowerment event and panel discussion. They already determined the speaker line-up and put out the marketing, so they couldn't add me as a speaker.
They planned on making this a recurring event, so invited me to speak at a future one as well as have me host the VIP soiree before the event and help where needed.
The evening came and I was dressed to the nines.
Make up and hair? Done.
Stunning dress? Check!
The excitement was palpable as the attendees streamed into the theater. I was ready to host, mingle and help the guests get into the vibe of the evening and enjoy themselves.
Then it was as if the heavens opened up with an opportunity.
One of the speakers was a last minute no-show, so there was an empty chair on the panel they needed to fill.
This was my moment! I could completely fill in!
I was going to be a speaker in future events, so why not now?
The empty chair while half the panel spoke.
But, what did I do?
I shrank and didn't speak up. I looked at the panel of speakers and retreated into self-doubt and feelings of not-enoughness.
The line up was made up of:
- an Emmy-award winning journalist
- an international fashion designer
- the campaign manager of a top presidential candidate
- an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award recipient
- an award-winning restauranteur
- the creator of one of the largest global tele-summits in the world
- and other world changers.
Who was I to join them? What did I really have to offer?
What if what I said totally fell flat with no depth, proving I'm not the expert in my field?
What if I completely mess up in such a public forum?
Imposter syndrome riled its ugly head yet again and I retreated to my seat in the dark among the others in the audience.
What dug the knife in even deeper was that I felt such shame and misalignment as I coach people on how to be confident when presenting themselves and being boldly visible and here I was, running to the wings in fear.
Sitting in the
audience, hiding in the dark.
And to top it all off, at the end of the event the organizer came to me to thank me for my help. On her way to me she stopped dead in her tracks. "Oh, my gosh! Why didn't I think of it?! Why didn't I put you on stage to be a part of the panel of speakers?!?"
Of course, I now wanted to fall even further through the floor to drown in my tears in frustration. I kept a stoic front, but I was crumbling inside.
There I was:
- a business owner of two companies
- a published collegiate scholar and researcher with two international graduate degrees (a Master of Arts, and a Master of Fine Arts), and almost a PhD
- an award-winning international dancer, choreographer, and former university professor
- a best-selling published author
- an inventor of a successful product, The Video Glam Cam Kit®, that has been shipped around the globe and made appearances at the Emmy Awards, made it through various levels of auditions of Shark Tank and showcased on the Rachel Ray Show and Entertainment tonight, to name a few
- a certified Pilates and yoga instructor
...and much more.
But why did I talk myself into thinking I didn't measure up to the other speakers?
Why did I take myself out of the game?
And why did I shrink with so many accomplishments under my belt?
You see, I had a habit of offering myself up as a supporting role. I often put myself in a position of being a back up to help others shine, while I stayed hidden from my full potential and what I knew I could be and do.
I would often put myself in the "back-up dancer" role, so to speak, knowing full well I was meant to be the main attraction. "The Beyoncé", if you will.
For example, I cannot tell you how many times people would ask me to be their "demonstrator", for their media appearances as they were the ones being featured as the expert, and I would humbly oblige.
I did this countless times. And I was done.
Demonstrating for someone else's media appearance.
I became tired of tricking myself into thinking, "Well, at least I'm there and 'visible' and maybe this way, I can network."
I knew it was time to stop playing small and step into my spotlight in areas of my life that were out of my comfort zone, but that I knew I was being pulled towards.
I realized I could take my knowledge from my two-decade career of teaching professional performers throughout Europe and North America, helping them activate their most powerful magnetic stage presence, fueled by show-stopping confidence to create a powerful connection with their audience on stages and screens around the world, and transfer such to other areas of my life as well.
Once I did, it changed everything for me.
Then, when I started transferring that knowledge of stage presence into executive presence on camera and in person, and teaching my business- and executive-clients those skills, I witnessed how much changed and transformed for them, too.
They became more courageous...more mesmerizing on camera...more captivating in person and in alignment with their purpose, helping them make the bigger impact that they knew they are made to make.
And I knew I was on to something.
Upon further exploration, I knew I had to keep digging and develop a system that helps professionals:
- courageously transform and merge their powerful internal vision of themselves into and with the visual of their external image
- develop a powerful personal presence that magnetizes others to trust them as a leader and be seen as an authority
- develop the "performance" skills on camera and in person that help them naturally and authentically connect with their audience, and
- define a visibility strategy that helps them expand their influence, impact and success.
And thus the Magnetic Method™ was created.
Maybe you find yourself doing the same as I did...
- You're an accomplished professional who's guiding light is towards excellence, and have a big vision, but you are afraid...afraid of making mistakes in a large visible way.
- You are afraid of not knowing what you don't know and appearing less-than the expert.
- You are a perfectionist and are always raising the bar for yourself that you can never reach.
- You desire to have the confidence and reassurance that you won't fall on your face in a public setting but still stand out at the same time.
- You want to be confident in the big vision you've developed for yourself because you have taken the time to know and create who you desire to be, authentically.
- Your heart knows you are meant for big things and to make a big impact, but in some poignant areas of your life you are still playing small and feeling like you're running out of time.
- You also know that if you played bigger, everything would probably drastically change for the better: your life, income, impact, and legacy.
It is time you claim your spotlight and step into it as the fully expressed YOU with a commanding and magnetic executive presence, where you feel confident and relaxed to succinctly convey your message in person and in on camera, and have a strategy to make yourself known as the expert in your industry.
You were made to be Unforgettable. Undeniable. Magnetic.
And I'm here to help you do just that.
I look forward to walking with you on this exciting journey and guiding you into this next version of yourself.
Parts will be scary and out of your comfort zone, but that's exactly where you know you are meant to be (and where you probably secretly relish being because it is there where you feel most alive and yourself!).
I assure you, your life will never be the same. The fulfillment you feel and impact you make will astound you.
Elizabeth and her products have been featured on:
Below You Will Find Some Examples of What Happens When You Develop Your Personal Presence, Hone Your On-Camera Delivery & Create a Visibility Strategy... Life Becomes So Expansive & Exciting!
Working with Elizabeth has been one of the greatest joys I have had as we accomplished so much together!The number one thing that stands out to me that helped me soar to success was the building up of my confidence. I feel like a new person after spending time with her through coaching. I absolutely AM a new person!Thank you, Elizabeth, for all that you helped me accomplish through gaining massive confidence and I look forward to more coaching in the future.
Author, Speaker, Top Direct Sales Leader
Helped her increase her confidence and launch her book and speaking
Going into Elizabeth's coaching, I had a vision, but lacked direction as to how to execute that vision, not to mention my lighting and framing were absolutely terrible!
What Elizabeth did was to help me gain my confidence back. She also gave me access to tools and resources that took my videos from an amateur level all the way to professional level.
Now I am attracting like professionals. Not to mention, I have several projects under production, all because she helped me to say yes to my dreams.
Whether you're just starting out with video, or whether you're ready to take your on-camera presence up a few notches, I highly recommend personal coaching with Elizabeth as she can help you take your presence, products and services to the next level.
Transformational Life Coach
Helped her develop a video visibility plan, messaging and design of her interview studio
Elizabeth is everything but ordinary.
This exceptional woman is a multi talented and kindhearted woman who offers her selfless guidance for anyone looking to level up from their current stage of life and business.
Personally, she has helped me conquer fears that I wouldn’t have had the confidence to do so on my own. Her tough mindset paired with patience is what stands out to me. As my coach, she has empowered me to believe that I am capable and deserving of my dreams.
Oftentimes we limit ourselves without even realizing it, but with Elizabeth’s guidance, she can help clear that pathway to become a better version of yourself.
God has placed special skills in each of our lives. Why not bring those special talents to the world to share?
JORDAN DE LA O
Triple Threat Performer, Children's Book Author, Product Inventor
Helped her increase her confidence, launch her children's book and invention to create more visibility